Catlin’s ambition is to be the preferred global specialty insurer and reinsurer, based on underwriting excellence delivered by outstanding people.
To achieve this goal, the Group has established the following strategic objectives:
- to operate underwriting hubs in the world’s major insurance markets
- to expand the Group’s distribution network to achieve greater geographic and portfolio diversification
- to manage risk through disciplined underwriting, effective underwriting controls and procedures, rigorous analytical review, portfolio diversification and the efficient use of reinsurance
- to manage capital efficiently, in part by adjusting underwriting strategies to exploit prevailing conditions, both in the overall marketplace and within individual business classes, and by managing investments to obtain optimal risk-adjusted returns
- to provide the best possible service to clients and their brokers
- to be the employer of choice in the sector to attract and retain the highest-calibre people.
To carry out this strategy more effectively, we have established a set of principles by which the Group strives to operate.
View our operating principles