Our Specialty reinsurance portfolio covers a range of products, from Accident & Health to Livestock. Brokers have the benefit of working closely with specialist underwriters with local knowledge, based in our offices across the region.
Accident & Health
Our Accident & Health team in Asia Pacific have the capacity to underwrite both Personal Accident insurance and Medical Expense insurance. These classes are available on a facultative reinsurance and scheme arrangement basis.
For Livestock we participate in reinsurance placements including:
- Quota Share Treaties
- Stop Loss and
- Excess of Loss
We can cover policies for any animal raised for profit, including production animals and high valued exotics and aquatics such as pandas, dolphins and orcas.
Equine & Bloodstock
Our China Equestrian team leads the majority of business for:
- bloodstock schedules
- high valued animals with maximum line of US$2m
- participants in Equestrian programme business including liability
- cross sellers of property, liability and personal accident with commitment to be a one stop shop.
Aquaculture insurance is of increasing importance in Asia Pacific due to the rapid growth of fish farming and a risk profile that is constantly evolving due to climate change, farming of new species and technological development.
We provide solutions tailored for offshore and onshore farms, growout operations and hatcheries for finfish, crustacea and shellfish.
War & Political Risk
We have the capacity to write the full spectrum of Political Risk products from investment insurance and lenders form to contract frustration and standalone political violence.
Coverage can include:
- the exchange transfer risk (currency inconvertibility or non-transfer), where the appropriate foreign exchange cannot be transferred to the insured’s country (CI)
- confiscation, expropriation, nationalization or deprivation of assets or property (CEND)
- government action which prevents the performance of the contract whether by imposing new regulations, cancelling licences (import or export) etc, contract repudiation or imposing embargoes
- political violence, including war or civil war, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, riots which results in damage to the insured’s property or prevents him performing the contract (PV)
- non-payment by a sovereign buyer (that is, a buyer who has the full backing of the government) or non-delivery by a sovereign supplier or non-honouring of a sovereign guarantee.