Political Violence & Terrorism
Catlin is a market leader for insurance products covering Political Violence perils. We were among the first to introduce Terrorism as a standalone coverage in 2001 and first to introduce Nuclear, Chemical, Biological and Radioactive (NCBR) coverage. We provide up to US$100 million per risk, per policy throughout most of the Asia Pacific region.
Key territories include Singapore, Hong Kong, Brunei, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
We are also able to provide worldwide coverage. Non-cancellable coverage provided is based on the Lloyd’s T3 or LMA 3030 Form for:
- property damage
- loss of income due to business interruption.
Our Political Violence coverage can include:
- physical damage to property worldwide
- business interruption and extra expense following property damage
- third party Liability due to terrorism
- nuclear, chemical, biological or radioactive damage to property
- event cancellation
- lenders interests.
Potential perils to be considered include:
- terrorism and sabotage
- malicious damage
- riots, strikes and civil commotions
- war and civil war
- coup d’etat, insurrection, rebellion and revolution.