Political Risk & Terrorism
Catlin is a global leader in the Political Risk and Terrorism insurance markets. Our Political Risk team comprises more than ten professional underwriters based in London, Bermuda and Singapore. We also have dedicated Terrorism underwriters in these areas.
Political risk perils are highly unpredictable and can have a catastrophic impact upon a corporation’s assets. We have the ability and appetite to cover a broad spectrum of political risks, including a corporation’s investment in a new or existing project, bank loans to new and existing borrowers, traders’ credit receivables and a company’s leased assets.
Catlin Bermuda was one of the first markets to develop cover for NCBR (Nuclear, Chemical, Biological and Radiological) terrorism. This is a niche market, covering perils excluded from standard terrorism cover. This cover is of particular appeal to higher-risk targets (such as airports, hospitals, stadiums and other public buildings), workers compensation providers and large corporations with a diverse location of assets.
- Political violence and war
- NCBR terrorism (and large conventional terrorism risks)
- Long-policy periods (over five years is possible)
- Flexible client-tailored wordings
- Empowered underwriters with specialist market knowledge
- Dedicated and highly-reputable claims team