Catlin Bermuda’s Property reinsurance team writes a worldwide book of Property Treaty reinsurance.
US Property Treaty reinsurance covers:
- Property Catastrophe Excess of Loss
- Property Per Risk Excess of Loss
- Property Pro Rata Treaty
- Multi Year Structured Products
- Property Catastrophe Aggregate
- Workers Comp Catastrophe Excess of Loss
- Terrorism including NCBR (Nuclear, Chemical, Biological and Radiological)
International Property Treaty reinsurance covers:
- Property catastrophe excess of loss
- Property per risk excess of loss
- Property pro rata treaty
- Multi-year structured products
- Property catastrophe aggregate
- Terrorism covers
We are a quoting and lead market for all business we underwrite with significant available capacity.
Catlin Group Risk Appetite
The Group’s tolerance for catastrophe risk is a function of expected profit and available capital. Accumulation of risk is monitored and controlled within a defined underwriting risk appetite strategy in compliance with Board policy and procedures.
Catlin believes that its capital position as at 31 December 2011, is sufficient to mitigate the risk of the necessity to raise further capital following two 2 in 100 year insurance events.
Catlin defines certain catastrophe threat scenarios which reflect selected areas of significant catastrophe exposure. A detailed analysis of these catastrophe threat scenarios is carried out each quarter using statistical models together with input from both actuarial and underwriting functions. Within the statistical models both secondary perils and loss amplification are included. A selection of modelled outcomes for the Group’s most significant catastrophe threat scenarios is detailed in the Report and Accounts.