Catlin is a market leader for Political Risk Insurance, with expert teams of dedicated underwriters based in London, Bermuda, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Political risk perils are highly unpredictable and can have a catastrophic impact upon a corporation’s assets. We have the ability and appetite to cover a broad spectrum of political risk perils including a corporation’s investment in a new or existing project, bank loans to new and existing borrowers, traders’ credit receivables and a company’s leased assets.
- Corporations and traders with overseas investments
- financial institutions
- specific projects
- traders, exporters and corporations that have a repayment obligation from the sovereign or state owned enterprise
- exporters and contractors who have mobile equipment
- multilaterals and export credit agencies.
- Expropriation, nationalisation and confiscation
- currency inconvertibility and non transfer
- political violence
- non-repossession of aircraft and mobile equipment
- pre-shipment risks
- non-payment of sovereign and sub sovereign debt obligations.
- aircraft financing and leasing companies
- corporations with investments overseas.