HAMILTON, Bermuda – Catlin Group Limited, (‘CGL’; London Stock Exchange), the international specialty property/casualty insurer and reinsurer, announces that Daniel Curran has been appointed Head of Casualty for Catlin’s London based underwriting operations.
As Leader of the Casualty Business Group, Dan Curran will have responsibility for a wide range of business classes underwritten by the Catlin Syndicate at Lloyd’s and Catlin UK, including Healthcare Professional Liability, selected US Errors & Omissions, US General Liability and International General Liability.
Dan Curran joined Catlin in 2000 as an Underwriting Assistant on the Healthcare Professional Liability account. He was promoted to Class Underwriter in 2003 and to Senior Class Underwriter in 2009. In 2010 Dan assumed responsibility for the US Errors & Omissions Account which includes Catlin’s London-based Lawyers and Architects & Engineers Liaiblity portfolio. Dan was promoted to Deputy Head of the Casualty Business Group earlier this year.
Nicolas Burkinshaw, Active Underwriter of Catlin Syndicate 2003, said:
“I would like to congratulate Dan Curran on his appointment as Head of the Casualty Business Group for our London based operations. Over more than a decade at Catlin, Dan has distinguished himself as a pragmatic yet creative underwriter, and I am delighted that he will be leading the Group’s London based Casualty underwriting operations.”
For more information contact:
Head of Communications, London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7458 5710
Mobile: +44 (0)7958 767 738
Head of Investor Relations, London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7458 5726
Mobile: +44 (0)7710 314 365
Notes to editors:
- Catlin Group Limited, headquartered in Bermuda, is an international specialist property/casualty insurer and reinsurer writing more than 30 classes of business worldwide through six underwriting hubs. Gross premiums written in 2011 amounted to US$4.5 billion.
- Catlin has established operating hubs in London, Bermuda, the United States, the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and Canada. Through these hubs, Catlin works closely with policyholders and their brokers. The hubs also provide Catlin with product and geographic diversity. Altogether, Catlin operates more than 55 offices in 21 countries.
- Catlin's underwriting units are rated 'A' by A.M. Best and Standard & Poor's.
- Catlin shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: CGL). More information about Catlin can be found at www.catlin.com.
- Catlin is the title sponsor of the Catlin Seaview Survey, a major scientific expedition later this year that will include the first comprehensive study to document the composition and health of sections of the Great Barrier Reef across an unprecedented range of depths. The scientific data gathered by the Catlin Seaview Survey will strengthen the understanding of how climate change and other environmental changes are likely to affect ocean ecosystems. More information is available at www.catlinseaviewsurvey.com.