Our corporate responsibility (CR) strategy is aligned with our business strategy and our values. We are building a global business for the future, and corporate responsibility is fundamental to that future.
The purpose of our strategy is:
- to support long-term growth
- to help achieve the corporate vision 'to be the preferred global speciality insurer and reinsurer based on underwriting and claims excellence delivered by outstanding people'
- to support Catlin’s core values and business principles.
Areas of responsibility
Our CR programme covers 4 principal areas.
– we sponsor and encourage our people to participate in activities that have a positive impact on the communities in which our offices are located.
– we strive to adopt and implement responsible employment practices and policies to support the Group’s goal of being the employer of choice in our business sector.
- we are not only committed to sustainable operations, but seek to make valuable contributions towards a better understanding of our planet’s future.
– we are firmly committed to providing excellent and ethical service to clients and their brokers.
We consider the causes we support carefully, with a specific focus on:
- supporting youth, education and family
- encouraging participation from Catlin people
- sharing best practice ideas within the company
- improving internal and external communication.
Protecting the environment is a growing concern for the company and not only do we support external initiatives like the Catlin Seaview Survey, we also make a sustained effort to reduce our carbon footprint and engage with the insurance industry about environmental awareness.