We strive to ensure that clients are treated fairly and honestly. The fair treatment of clients is a central consideration of any decision or process that could have a bearing on the client relationship.
We ensure our clients are treated fairly at all times by:
- ensuring that policy wordings and other documentation is clear, fair and not misleading
- making every attempt to meet clients’ and brokers’ expectations
- responding promptly to queries
- ensuring the highest levels of claims service, including the prompt payment of valid claims.
Outstanding customer service
We are committed to providing high standards of service to brokers, who produce the vast majority of the Group’s business.
We understand that brokers expect prompt service from insurers. In the London market, where broker-insurer transactions are largely conducted on a face-to-face basis, we have expanded our service commitment to brokers, including increased availability and easier access to underwriters.
The company continues to be an acknowledged leader in claims management worldwide. We have established claims teams in each of the six underwriting hubs, allowing us to provide local, responsive service to clients and brokers following a claim, while following an agreed set of core claims practices and philosophies.
Treating customer fairly (TCF)
Dealing fairly and honestly with customers is the essence of Catlin’s culture, and is a cornerstone of our Code of Ethical Conduct.
The fundamentals of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) apply throughout our company. Principles governing the TCF programme are available to all Catlin people.
What is TCF?
TCF is more than just about customer satisfaction and covers most aspects of Catlin’s business including:
- providing customer documentation that is clear, fair and not misleading
- meeting customer’s expectations
- responding promptly to queries from customers
- ensuring all valid claims are paid promptly.