US Professional Liability
Catlin began writing US professional liability insurance in 2006 and we have now established the Company as a significant lead in the London Market.
Our underwriters are experienced in US Liability and have extensive knowledge of overseas commercial markets, with a specialty in writing cover for the following professions:
- ‘in-house’ lawyers for firms with a maximum of 100 attorneys
- insurance agents
- ‘miscellaneous’ professional service providers
We do not insure the following through Syndicate 2003: financial institutions or financial advisors including insurance companies, actuaries, medical or healthcare organisations or laboratories.
For healthcare liability insurance products, see our Healthcare page.
- accounts are typically written 100% but we also participate on co-insurance placements with both London and US domestic carriers
- our policies provide “claims made” coverage for claims arising from the professional services of the insured
- most of our policies are primary insurance layers and we have the duty to defend our insureds
- defense counsel will typically be appointed by us with the consent of the Insured
- excess layer insurance can also be provided for the same profile of insured as our primary policies
- extended reporting periods are available, typically up to 36 months
- policy forms can be adapted for the requirements of individual insureds via their broker.
Expertise in Liability insurance
Our US Liability underwriting teams are based in London. As experts in their field, they offer extensive knowledge of commercial markets overseas and have support when needed from our Liability underwriters based in the US.
Accessibility and excellent service are core to our business and we understand the importance of being able to build close relationships with local brokers and clients. Through this philosophy we can develop a greater understanding of clients’ individual requirements.
In London we also have an extremely capable claims team and partner with US firm Mendes and Mount to ensure efficient cross-Atlantic claims management.