Catlin’s London and UK Liability underwriting teams have a strong market reputation for creating underwriting solutions for a varied worldwide portfolio of risks. Their breadth of expertise helps them to underwrite general liability for risks which are complex and diversified.
Across the business, our areas of focus include:
- products exposures – examples include manufacturers of auto components, chemicals, industrial machinery, electrical equipment, heavy engineering, tyres, medical devices and critical components
- construction – project specific, practice and ‘wrap-up’ policies, residential and commercial. Includes contractors and sub contractors
- transportation – railways, urban transit systems and long haul trucking
- Fortune 1000 – multinational companies located anywhere in the world
- mining – including quarrying, mining, primary metal products, rubber, stone, clay, glass, forestry and steel fabrication
- small and medium enterprise (SME) risks – we are worldwide writers for small and mid-sized manufacturers
- delegated binding authorities.
Catlin is a specialist in underwriting coverage for UK companies manufacturing medical devices as well as those in the pharmaceutical industry. Catlin Select coverage is underwritten by Catlin Insurance Company (UK) Ltd.
Our Medical Devices policy is part of a commercial package approach. We provide product liability capacity of up to £5 million with excess limits available.
We also underwrite coverage for companies which work with pharmaceuticals in the human and animal healthcare sectors, including manufacturers, researchers, distributors and wholesalers.
Expertise in commercial liability
Our London General Liability underwriting teams are experts in their field with extensive knowledge of local and worldwide commercial markets.
Across the UK, Select underwriters have the market knowledge and technical expertise to develop custom insurance solutions to meet clients’ individual needs.
Catlin prides itself in offering the highest levels of service to clients and their brokers. Our underwriters provide quick and consistent decisions, and will explain why a particular decision has been made. We regard communication as a key ingredient in our relationships.
We believe that an insurer’s true value can only be demonstrated following a claim. Our proactive approach aims to protect the interests of policyholders through the swift and fair handling of all claims, both large and small.