Kidnap and Ransom insurance & Piracy insurance
Kidnap and Ransom insurance from the expert
Catlin Group provides security to policyholders through our Catlin Asset Protection products, which include Kidnap and Ransom insurance and Piracy insurance.
Acts of Kidnap on land and Piracy on the high seas are now foreseeable events. Businesses and organisations which face potential loss from ransom payments, business interruption, litigation and long term reputational damage need sensitive crisis planning and risk transfer solutions.
Kidnap and Ransom insurance highlights
Our Kidnap and Ransom insurance covers the following:
- Kidnap, extortion or piracy – ransom reimbursement
- Evacuation and Repatriation
- Disappearance Investigation and Expense
- Tiger Kidnap
- Express Kidnap
- Ransom Lost in Transit
- Loss of Earnings and Loss of Earnings arising from a computer viruses
- Hostage Crisis
- Threat – expenses associated without a ransom demand
- Wrongful Detention – all expenses associated with the incident
- Personal Accident – a lump sum for injury or death for those involved
- Response consultant costs on an unlimited basis
- All reasonable additional costs Limits up to USD 50m
- Access to travel risk information.
Expert underwriters for Kidnap and Ransom insurance
Our expert underwriters can provide Kidnap and Ransom insurance policies to protect against the growing problems of Piracy. With attacks from Somalia into the Indian Ocean and beyond it’s vital to explore Piracy insurance or Kidnap and Ransom insurance options.
Contact us now to discuss tailored and expertly written Kidnap and Ransom insurance or Piracy insurance.
Piracy - a growing menace
Piracy attacks from Somalia into the Indian Ocean and beyond are likely to increase during the autumn of 2011 once the monsoon season has ended. In a special report, one of Catlin's piracy experts, Peter Dobbs, explains the threat and highlights some of the themes that are developing this year across the globe.
Read the full report