Healthcare Professional Liability Insurance
Responding to the challenges facing medical professionals from the risks of malpractice claims, Catlin offers custom tailored professional liability policies to healthcare professionals, including physicians, surgeons, dentists and ambulatory care clinics. This group also provides professional liability coverage for allied services as well as social services agencies.
Medical Professional and General Liability.
We offer coverage for physicians, surgeons and dentists in the following categories:
- Individuals and groups
- Hospital based, including hospitalists
- Multi-specialty, multi-state including Puerto Rico
- Urgent care facilities
- Correctional facilities
- Staffing risks
- Alternative medicine
Available Coverage Highlights
- Defense Costs in addition to the limits
- Incident Sensitive Trigger
- Coverage may be added for professional corporations and partnerships
- Multiple options for tail coverage
- Coverage provided for ancillary medical staff
- Sub-limit for sexual misconduct
- Death, Disability and Retirement ERP
- First Dollar coverage up to $500,000 SIR
- Employee benefits liability
- Punitive damages (where insurable by law)
- Indemnity only deductible available.
- Up to $3 million per Physician
- Up to $3 million per Claim Event
- Up to $20 million total policy aggregate
- Primary coverage available
- Minimum premium $3,500
Products are underwritten through the following companies: Catlin Specialty Insurance Company and Catlin Insurance Company, Inc.
This general product description is informational only. It is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to purchase any particular insurance product. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.